It is fun and it counts as school:
- Math (6 gal +6 gal + 3 gal +3…)
- Gym class (run check the sap… …run get wood…Â )
- History (read books like Little House in the Big Woods)
- English (If Momma lets me blog about it)
- Home Ec (learning to cook)
- Speech (when we have people come over and see what we are doing)
- Character (Patience!)
We will boil all day so we will be outside all day :)Â Good sap looks like water (or water with ice in it). If it gets cloudy or yellowish, throw it out because it is going bad.
They will let it settle overnight so the sugar sand settles to the bottom and we can strain it easier. Then they will pour it into sterilized jars to enjoy all year!