I have Painted Lady Butterflies. They just came out of the chrysalises a couple of days ago; Audrey calls them crystals.
They are not real big. Momma told me they were mating last night, I got to watch them. I am waiting for eggs!
Here is the caterpillar/butterfly chart
- 9 June received caterpillars in mail-all wiggle
- 10 June Eating, growing, spinning “webs”
- 11 June 18-20 mm long
- 12 June approximately 30-35mm long! Lots of wiggling, more “web thinga majigys”
- 13 June approximately 40 mm long
- 14 June Making chrysalis’s upside down, 9:30 p.m all hanging upside down
- 15 June Chrysalises completed
- 17 June Chrysalises hardened, time to move to butterfly garden home
- 21 June 3 Butterflies emerged overnight, I missed because I was at Reece and Cardin’s house. Messing up their house with “Meconium” (leftover tissue from developing into butterflies)
- 21 June 2 Butterflies emerged before 10:30, I missed because I was at Scout Camp.
- Put flowers in cage and put sugar water of fresher flowers to feed butterflies.
- 24 June Butterflies mating, hoping for eggs!
They look nice. I would recommend growing butterflies.
Scout camp was fun. I got to make a rocket; it was fun. I got to earn beads doing activities; it was fun. I learned that the number one pollution in Elkhart, IN can be reduced (I don’t remember what it is but it was with the fish). I got four shots total in the middle (bulls eyes) in both times I shot the BB’s; it was fun. I got to play with Reece and Cardin, Cody and Lucas, and James; it was fun 🙂 !
It was fun, I want to do it next year.
p.s. My very favorite things were nature walks, the BB’s and seeing the fish.